Add some corn, black beans, and avocado and you have the perfect salad to answer
those lunch-time fajita cravings without all the unhealthy fat and cholesterol. This salad would also taste awesome wrapped in a whole grain tortilla or topped with crispy homemade baked tortilla strips. If you are an olive lover as is my husband, try throwing a handful of sliced green or black olives on top. Another flavor sensation would be a sprinkle of fresh chopped cilantro.
- 1 – 2 cups green or red leaf lettuce or romaine
- 1 cup or more of fresh veggies: grape & orange baby tomatoes, cucumber, red peppers & avocado
- 1/4 cup cooked black beans
- 1/4 fresh or frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1/2 cup salsa, mild, medium or hot
- 1/8 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar-flavour Daiya
- 1/8 cup sliced green olives (optional)
In a small bowl, mix together the black beans, corn and salsa; set aside. Place the lettuce in a large bowl or plate and top with the bean-corn-salsa mix. Add the remaining veggies on top of the bean-corn-salsa mix and top with the green onions, Daiya, and olives if using. Grab a fork and enjoy immediately!