You really can make this recipe your own by adding whatever you find on hand, with
just a few basic ingredients or a hodge-podge of whatever you can scrounge up.
- 10 or 12 baby potatoes, quartered
- 2-1/2 cups salsa, any heat level – mild, medium or hot
- 1/2 cup each canned or cooked black beans & pinto beans & chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 green pepper, seeded & diced
- 1 frozen spinach cube or 1/2 to 1 cup fresh torn spinach
- 1/2 cup cooked couscous
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional)
- Shredded Daiya cheese and/or vegan sour cream (optional)
Place the potatoes in a soup bowl and microwave until soft when pierced with a fork, approximately 3 to 5 minutes give or take depending on your microwave and size of potatoes. Meantime, in a medium size saucepan, heat the salsa, beans, corn, green pepper, spinach and cous-cous. Serve over the cooked potatoes and garnish with the avocado if using.